In the interim, job seekers continue to look for work. Building on the previous job search tips we’ve posted, I asked our BOWEN recruiters for some suggestions, and here are a few more tips:
- Use a chronological resume to make the recruiter’s job as easy as possible. Be prepared to explain any gaps in employment.
- Provide a brief description of the companies you’ve worked for so recruiters understand the nature of their business.
- Focus on your accomplishments and think about what will make you stand out from other candidates. Talk about results!
- Arrive on time and make sure you turn off your cell phone.
- Wear professional business attire. Greet your interviewer with a handshake and maintain eye contact throughout the interview – it shows confidence!
- Know your resume and highlight your previous roles, related experience and accomplishments.
- Have your references ready.
- Research the company by visiting their website in advance.
- Know the position you are applying for and talk about what interests you and what you have to offer. Don’t focus on compensation and benefits in the interview.
- Act professionally. Speak positively of current and form employers, and don’t get too personal in the interview!