Let’s face it, contractors aren’t going away. Having oversight for their performance, pay rates, compliance and safety is a business imperative and a leading differentiation between good and great companies.
Qualifying the independent contractor (IC) workforce for legitimacy is essential and complex. As your vendor of record, we:
- Insert a structured third-party contractual relationship
- Apply IC qualification screening to minimize reclassification risk
- Validate IC credentials in the pre-screen to ensure they:
- are Incorporated and are a limited company
- carry $5 million dollars in general liability insurance
- carry pollution insurance (where applicable)
- possess Workers’ Compensation coverage or related provincial equivalent
- have a Canadian business number to use for the remittance of GST
- Deliver comprehensive on boarding (including background screening and health and safety certification checks if required) and orientation programs
- Consult on competitive local market rates
- Support rate negotiations
- Establish the contract
- Manage IC payment processing for approved IC invoices
- Provide consolidated client invoicing and IC workforce reporting
- Monitor ongoing IC compliance for requirements such as insurance coverage, WCB, etc.
- Monitor client risk exposure, as it can change over time, and apply risk mitigation measures to bring non-compliant ICs into compliance
Learn more about how we can help you with your contingent workforce.