1. People are at the heart of BOWEN’s culture and values. It’s why we are Your People Partner.
We believe our primary competitive advantage comes from our employees. We respect our candidates, our clients and our co-workers, and it shows in the great, long-lasting relationships we forge. Almost all of our clients and candidates have worked with us over many years. We have strong relationships with Canada’s business elite and access to an extensive pool of talented, placement-ready candidates and, in a marketplace with one of the lowest unemployment rates in the world, these relationships are truly a powerful advantage.
2. We identify trends and respond with tailored solutions, because we know one size doesn’t fit all.
But it’s our in-depth knowledge of sourcing, contracts management and our proven track record in the Alberta marketplace that sets us apart from our competitors. For instance, when challenged with finding highly specialized technical professionals for a global resource company, we sourced, on boarded and administered contracts for more than 35 people in less than three months. Following an assessment of internal recruitment processes, we were also able to recommend changes that led to improved efficiency, helping the hiring team to reduce time-to-fill and increase speed-to-deliver to their internal stakeholders.
3. We are nimble and flexible, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, yet turn on a dime when required.
While we think big and we perform big, BOWEN believes in making sure we remain easy to work with for both our clients and our candidates. We make sure we remain nimble and flexible, while still keeping a strong financial capability to serve even the biggest players. We like to keep things simple so that we can deliver our services quickly, efficiently and at competitive rates. It also allows us to change direction if required and develop unique responses to the ever-shifting workforce challenges. An example is our collaboration with one of the world’s most experienced and well-respected power generators. We were able to bring a recruitment process outsourcing solution to their hiring team that has resulted in significant savings and delivered outstanding results.
4. We have a reputation for working with Canada’s largest and best employers.
With a 40-year history, BOWEN brings a tremendous amount of experience to the table and has vast job opportunities available for our candidates through our strong connection to some of Canada’s largest and best employers. These relationships and job postings have proven to attract some of Calgary’s best talent as well as drawing Canada’s hard-to-source contractors to our city and our province.
5. We know the importance of fit…sometimes over function.
We believe in taking a holistic approach to sourcing that verifies, qualifies and measures all the touch points involved in finding the right person for the right job. Our proprietary MATCHAdvantage process ensures that we are able to bring all elements of the sourcing process, including resumes, interviews, testing, job descriptions and references, into play, to assess and validate placement information especially in areas of skills and cultural fit.
6. Our roots are in Calgary but we work anywhere.
Our in-depth understanding of Western Canada’s unique marketplace is critical to helping us attract the best and brightest from the Western Canadian workforce. Calgary is a diverse city that embraces change and change-makers. It supports and sustains its communities and its people. And, like the city, so does BOWEN. We’re proud to work, live and play in Alberta’s backyard and be a part of the energy.
7. We like to treat our candidates how we like to be treated.
BOWEN takes care of all the big things for our candidates so that they can focus on doing what they do best. Our contract employees and independent contractors benefit from:
- Eligibility for a low-cost, BOWEN-subsidized group benefits plans
- Getting paid regularly with a quick turnaround of five to ten days
- Having access to desktop and mobile time and expense approval
- Peace of mind knowing that BOWEN will manage source deductions and ensure compliance with employment and tax law
- Proactive standardized process for assignment closure reviews
- Networking events and access to an employee discount program
- Access to a contractor referral program
8. Safety is first and foremost.
BOWEN is one of a small number of companies in our industry that possess the Certificate of Recognition (COR), issued to employers who develop and implement health and safety programs that meet established standards. In addition BOWEN is the only workforce solutions provider in Alberta selected to be part of the Partnerships program with Alberta Human Services, recognizing its commitment to health and safety.
- Our COR certification provides us a financial incentive through the WCB Partnerships in Injury Reduction (PIR) program through reduced WCB rates which translate directly to the customer in terms of reduced burden rates. BOWEN not only meets these standards but has achieved provincial recognition and was a recipient of a Work Safe Alberta Best Safety Performer Award.
9. We value and care for our community, and believe in giving generously in both time and money.
We believe in sharing our financial success with the community where we live, work and play by helping families who need it most. That’s why we donate a portion of every hour billed and every permanent job filled to charitable organizations. We select specific charities that link to our corporate values, community investment strategy and offer great synergies with our marketing and business development efforts. Over the past five years, BOWEN has contributed more than $500,000 to worthwhile causes.
In the end though it’s not about what we say, it’s about what we do that matters. Earning the right to deal with a client is not taken lightly nor is the task of finding that next great candidate ever underestimated. We believe our 40 year history and our stellar reputation back a commitment to action and we would love to be your partner.