BOWEN manages new and existing contracts and makes the transition seamless. We work closely with your current placement representatives to handle all of the administrative details. As a BOWEN independent contractor, you will benefit from:
- Short-term and long-term career opportunities in a wide range of industries and positions with Canada’s top employers, including Fortune 500 companies
- Mobile, user-friendly time and expense approval system
- Quick, reliable payment and flexible payment terms
- Convenient direct deposit and timely remittance statements emailed directly to you
- Eligibility for our affordable group benefits plan
- Exclusive membership in our Perkopolis employee discount program, featuring top brands across Canada
- Security with an industry-leader in Health and Safety practices
- Proactive, standardized process for on-boarding and off-boarding
- Members-only access to networking events
- A dedicated team of caring, knowledgeable experts
- Compliance with employment and tax law – for independent contractors – a full range of services to reduce tax and compliance risks
- Advisory services to support rate negotiations, establish the contract and assess your classification as a legitimate IC according to Canada Revenue Agency
- Liability Insurance
BOWEN can also administer your contract as a contract employee, if you prefer or are unable to qualify as an independent contractor.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does BOWEN ensure payment to independent contractors?
- One of our highest priorities is paying you accurately and on time. We’ll arrange payment according to the payment terms in your contract.
- You will receive a remittance statement via email, with convenient payment by direct deposit.
- Our process for managing alternative approvers ensures uninterrupted payments, should your regular client supervisor be unavailable to approve your time.
What are the pre-screening requirements to be registered as an independent contractor through BOWEN?
- Valid Certificate of Incorporation
- Proof of Workers Compensation Account
- GST number
- General description of services provided
- Position/title within the corporation
- Registered address and mailing address
- Criminal record check
- Background check
- Background check consent form (provided by BOWEN)
- ID type one: must be government-issued photo identification
- ID type two: can be non-photo identification, ideally government-issued; however must include candidate’s first and last name
Looking for a job?
Search our job postings to get started. You can apply for a current posting or for future opportunities.