See BOWEN Group policies.
See BOWEN Group policies.
Creating a Better Workplace
Find more BOWEN Group policies that reflect our corporate governance and commitment to operating from a foundation of ethical and professional conduct. Employees are expected to perform their job duties in a manner conducive to a safe workplace, following all employer practices, policies and procedures.
Business Code of Conduct
BOWEN Group is committed to providing a safe, healthy workplace that promotes a high level of job satisfaction and a respectful work environment. We believe that it is a shared responsibility of all employees to work towards the constant improvement of our workplace. To assist the organization in maintaining an exemplary work environment, we require that all employees of BOWEN Group conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner, at all times.
To preserve BOWEN Group’s mission and the shared values that our organization is founded upon, we have compiled a list of unacceptable behavioural actions that have been classified as either:
- Hazardous to employee safety
- A negative influence on workplace morale or
- Detrimental to the success of our business
Employees are reminded that, in addition to these Business Conduct Standards, there are additional policies, guidelines and standard practices of the company dealing with specific matters in more detail. These policies are available for review on BOWEN Group’s intranet site located under Employee Resources. These include but are not limited to:
- BOWEN Respectful Workplace Policy
- BOWEN Diversity Policy
- BOWEN Internet and Email Policy
- BOWEN Health & Safety Policy
In addition, employees should also consider that there may be specific laws or regulations (such as Human Rights, criminal laws, occupational health and safety laws, etc.) that may apply, and where the violation of which is strictly prohibited. BOWEN Group reserves the right to discipline and, in certain cases, terminate the employment of any employee for participating in any conduct that violates BOWEN’s Code of Conduct standards and policies.
Unacceptable behaviours shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Causing physical harm to another person
- Threats or harassing behaviour
- Willful damage or destruction to employer property, or employee property
- Disorderly, immoral, or indecent conduct
- Violation of health and safety practices, policies and procedures
- Theft, including physical and intellectual properties
- Dishonest, illegal or improper business activities
- Job abandonment
- Receiving or giving of gifts with the sole intent of extending or receiving preferential treatment
- The use, possession, sale, manufacture or dispensation of any illegal drug, alcohol, or paraphernalia associated with either
- The use of alcohol or illicit narcotics off employer premises that adversely affects the employee’s work performance, the employee’s own safety or the safety of others at work, or the employer’s reputation in the community
- Failure to report to management the use of any prescribed drug which may alter the employee’s ability to safely perform his/her duties
- Arriving to work late without providing advance notice and/or without reasonable cause
- Failure to properly report an absence; and
- Failure to meet stated goals, objectives and/or performance metrics required for a position.